Wednesday 8 July 2015

Slugs and snails.....

"Sugar and spice
and all things nice,
that's what little girls are made of

Slugs and snails
and puppy dog tails
that's what little boys are made of"


I remember that rhyme
from being a little girl
and taunting my brother with it
Hahaha!!  Served him right!!!

Anyway, an update
on proceedings
in the yard.

I got up at 4.30am this morning
for a drink
and went out into the yard.
I love that time of day
when its light
and so quiet and still.
I spotted another
pesky slug, a huge one,
and sent him on his way
through the air and off to visit
another home on the Grove.
Hopefully the Honesty
will now survive.
Good riddance to bad rubbish!


Another positive
is that yesterday I noticed
that the hydrangea cutting
that has sat in a jar of water
on my kitchen table for weeks
has started
to grow roots


And yes, these little things
do excite me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment