Tuesday 7 July 2015

#forty eight

I feel as if 
the days are running away
with themselves 
at the moment.

There's been so much happening lately,
house jobs, cleaning, birthdays,
sewing for a friend,
Glastonbury and Wimbledon on TV
and the British Grand Prix too.

I've got a little behind with
my makes so number forty eight
feels a little bit out of time.


I made a pillow/cushion cover.

I started out on 21st June - Summer Solstice
and made a cyanotype print
with plant cuttings from my pots 
and some stems picked at Tynemouth.

The print developed in the Solstice sun
and was even rinsed a little
in the summer rain
whilst hanging out to dry.



Then I picked out some of the detail
with some basic stitched embroidery
and added a sun and "Solstice".


In the bottom corner
I sewed a little bird patch
from the pack from
the wonderful Hens Teeth


So number forty eight
is my summer solstice cover
and is awaiting a special new home!



My plants are all growing
beautifully though not many are in bloom 
just yet.

The only problem I've had is with
the Honesty I grew from seed
which has proved to be
especially delicious to 
the naughty slug.


Luckily I spotted him
creeping across the yard
early this morning
and banished him
from my property by catapulting him
over the wall
hopefully never to be seen again!




Since watching Glastonbury
(thank you BBC for great coverage)
I've been a bit obsessed with
Florence and the Machine
so today's song
is Rabbit Heart (Raise it up)





No comments:

Post a Comment