Wednesday 22 July 2015

#fifty five

Some may argue that
number fifty five
isn't really a "make"
as it was Mother Nature
that did the hard work.


Excuse me!!!!
I've put weeks of TLC
into growing this
hydrangea cutting
and am claiming it as my own effort.

It is a cutting from my neighbour's
beautiful hydrangea bush
which I placed in a jar of water
and have spent weeks
watching for signs
of root growth.

When they finally came through
they've rapidly grown thick and strong.


So yesterday was potting up time.

I only had enough compost at the moment
for a little pot, but it means
I can still keep it covered with a plastic bag
for a few days until it settles in.

In a week or two I'll move it on
into a bigger pot with new compost.

Fingers crossed it will grow and grow
and I can enjoy the beautiful flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment