Sunday 27 September 2015

# seventy four

the issue of the refugees
fleeing from Syria
and other war-torn countries
is a complicated and contentious one
which seems to stir up many mixed and conflicting feelings


I not going to even try to write
about it,
there are too many sides to the whole situation


the Sunday Mirror and Knit for Peace
have set up a campaign
which I think is a way to help
even if only in a tiny way
and I didn't feel it was one I could ignore.



So for number seventy four
I have crocheted these
small items
which I hope will keep some people
warm this winter.
I have so much leftover wool
in the house
its a great use for it.





my mam has knitted 
some items too
and we'll be posting them off asap






today's song is
the blanket of the night
by
elbow



a beautiful song

2 comments:

  1. Lovely work and for a very good cause xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Its a way to try to help even if its only a small one

      Delete