Sunday 15 November 2015

autumn

its been a weird november so far

mild, foggy 
then very wet
this last weekend

when it rains heavily
I can hear the river
that runs through 
the parkland
at the bottom of my street
roaring.
I love to hear it!

I noticed something strange
the other day,
the warmth from the streetlight
shining on the tree
outside of my house
has stopped some 
of the leaves
from dropping


I love the colours
on this photograph


autumn is a time 
for comfort food
and this week
I made a big pan
of turkey broth
for my mam
and some friends
who came for lunch



one large leek
two large carrots
half turnip (or swede if that's what you call it)
all chopped into medium sized pieces
diced turkey leg meat
scotch broth mixture (soaked overnight)
chicken stock cube

place all ingredients
in a large pan with boiling water
and plenty salt to taste

simmer for 2 - 3 hours


serve with crusty bread


yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment