Monday 31 August 2015

"after the boys of summer have gone......"

It is the last day of August
and the end of the summer.

Two thirds of the way through the year
and I am two thirds of the way through my challenge
to make one hundred things in 2015.
Number sixty six will more or less
be finished today.


I have enjoyed this summer
and have been very productive
not just with my makes but also 
many of the outstanding jobs on my home.
I feel more in control of things 
and my house is getting to how I want it to be.


Some of my summer highlights have been
lots of visits from friends
some I haven't seen for a very long time.
Hearing my nephews' excitement
about all of the adventures
they have had this summer.
All of the beautiful nature on my own doorstep,
meteors, bats, a chrysalis, flowers,
growing plants from cuttings and seeds,
sunsets and sunrises




The cistus, the flowers only last for one day




The mysterious house 
that peeps out of the trees



A painted lady resting on my wall




The full moon, goodnight Summer.........







No comments:

Post a Comment