Saturday 21 February 2015

Comforts

My mam and I have volunteered
to help with this project
by artist Jilly Evans in Southampton.

This is her description of the installation

"By making a memorial of ‘knitted comforts’ I aim to both highlight the often hidden role of women in times of conflict and also show that soldiers, sailors and airmen were individuals and were loved.

I am creating a project called Knitted Comforts, which is going to be part of the 
Right Here: The City as Muse show at Solent Showcase Gallery from 27th March – 9th May 2015"



Everything will be made in 100% wool
from an original pattern book.



I have started with a
bag mitten for an injured hand







We have been singing some wartime songs as we knit
"Keep the home fires burning....."





No comments:

Post a Comment